Friday, July 27, 2012

Autumn Tags


I love the colors of autumn and the Penelope Patterned Cardstock Collection from Red Rubber Designs  was the perfect choice for this fall tag.

 I love the little colored safety pin that you see attached to the muslin strip at the top of the tag.  I used the paper piecing method for the pumpkin...stamp from Fabulous Fall.

Small flowers, hand-dyed bandaging, a little bling, lace, and a safety pin add a lot of texture and interest.  The base for the flower embellishment is one of the hand crocheted flowers that you can find here.


Here is a nice little trio of leaves - Happy Leaf - with a beautiful flourish running through them.  They were heat embossed before inking the tag.

I like the distress ink watermark technique. You never really know what it will look like until you dry it.

Hope you had a little relief from the heat while viewing my autumn tags. Summer is moving so quickly that it will be autumn before you know it. Now if we could only get a little rain.


Products I used from Red Rubber Designs:


10 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic Fall colours, and I love your paper distressing on the first tag - big fan of that effect! Beautiful background for those great silhouettes in the second one too.
Alison x

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Beautiful tags, Sarah. I love the fall colors too.

Robin said...

Gorgeous Fall tags Sarah! Can't wait till we have some Fall weather to go with them :)

Hugs,
Robin

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

These are gorgeous colors, you are right. I really love your flower embellishments at the bottom of that first tag!

Barb said...

Your tag is sensational! Luv the colors and your fantastic embellishments.
Thanks for your recent visit to my blog. Ü
Happy week-end.
Barb

JoAnne said...

Sarah, your fall tags are stunning!

Astrid Maclean said...

What fabulous tags!! Love the colours you have used and all those gorgeous embellies!

Pam said...

Love all of the texture and layers in your first tag - and of course the colors! Your background on the Happy Leaf tag is just beautiful. Love both of these!

Susan said...

Gorgeous fall tags!

Lynn Stevens said...

Well I'm tickled pink or should I say orange, rusts and yellows to be seeing some Fall artwork Sarah and a gorgeous tag it is!
Hugs Lynn