Thursday, June 28, 2012

Accordion Album


Tuesday on the Red Rubber Designs blog I posted a tutorial to show how to assemble the Natalee Accordion Album Kit. Today I am going to show you my finished album.

In the tutorial I showed the belly band that was included in the kit but I changed my mind at the last minute to make the cover a little more interesting.

I enjoyed creating a collage out of flowers, chipboard pieces, and metal trinkets to grace the cover.


On the right is a faux cabinet card.  The moth has sparkle on the veins that did not pick up in the photo.

Have you ever saved some images until just the right paper turned up for your project?  That is the case with these beautiful young ladies from Paper Whimsy.  When I saw this album and the companion paper, Angelee, I knew that the match had been made. Now if I only had a few more of the images, I could complete the back of the tags!  Some day...

The ribbon on the dark colored tag was heated to crinkle it and give it a vintage look.  The bee has an extra set of vellum wings for definition.

Stamped below this image are the words "beautiful SOUL" from the stamp set by the same name.  I didn't use any gesso or sprays or paints on this album...I didn't want to cover up the beautiful papers.


The printed captions on some of the images are also from Paper Whimsy.

I hope you enjoyed the (almost) completed album and will give one a try yourself.
This album kit as well as many other scrapbooking papers and supplies are on sale for a few more days.  Be sure and take advantage of the savings at Red Rubber Designs.

Products used:


11 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning, LOVE IT!!!!! So many gorgeous details!
How I wished that postage between the US and the UK was more reasonable, I would purchase all of these items like a shot. Unfortunately all the prices are just about doubled by the time they get shipped here, too bad:o(

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Wow, Sarah, your cover is stunning! The pictures you've added to the album are just perfect for it!

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Nice album. Good job!

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful cover, Sarah! Your cluster of embellies and placement is stunning! Love it!

Robin said...

This is a gorgeous book and looks even better IRL!

Hugs,
Robin

Lynn Stevens said...

Sarah I saw your tutorial over at Red Rubber designs now I'm so glad I came by to see how you finished it up. The combination of Paper Whimsy images and the papers are a match made in heaven!
I received your Ck and the "darling" tag today. Thank you so much!
Have a lovely weekend
hugs Lynn

Barb said...

All I can say is "wow"! Truly a work of art and the PW images are the icing.
Thanks for the inspiration,
Barb

Pam said...

Beautiful! You've really done this little album justice. Love all of the elements and how you brought them all together.

Debra Miller said...

This is beautiful Sarah. Love the ribbon closure and all the pockets.

Lori said...

Absolutely stunning Sarah! Your attention to detail is beyond compare!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Sarah your book is amazing! Gorgeous colors and images too! Thanks so much for letting me know! :) I have been a bad blogger lately so I would have missed it for sure. Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo