Thursday, September 6, 2012

Altered Altoid Tin and a Blog Hop


It is the first Thursday of September and time for a blog hop, new stamp releases and a contest all from Red Rubber Designs.  Nostalgia and vintage will be the focus this month...right up my alley!

 A few months ago, my junkin' buddy Robin and I scored a whole grocery bag full of various mint and candy tins at a flea market for a mere $2.00!  I decided it was time to put one of them to good use. (I only have about 40 more to go.)

I covered the tin with paper from the Angelee Patterned Cardstock Collection and some measuring tape printed twill ribbon.

 I stamped and paper pieced several of the stamps from this months featured rubber stamp set Sew Thankful.

I lined the inside of the box with one of the pretty patterns from the same paper collection as the outside of the tin and the vintage sewing machine from the featured stamp set.  I decided to fill the box with sweet treats since I had stamped the sentiment "you're sew Sweet" on the lid.  An Altoid tin holds 6 Dove treats perfectly.  There is plenty of time to fill it with items for a travel size sewing set after the treats are gone...which will probably be tomorrow!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Be sure to give us your best guess as to how many spools of thread are in this canning jar:

For more info on the contest, go to the 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sarah - Vintage Figments you are here
To continue the hop, go visit Paula-Kay next.
Louise - Kard Krazy
Diana - Wordbird's Nest


21 comments:

Melisa Waldorf said...

So cute!! I love your little altered tin.

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Oh Sarah, that is cute, cute cute! I would never have thought of doing that. It really looks vintage. Perfect!

Kate Yetter said...

Gorgeous!! I love it!

Wendy Zick said...

Love it! Just darling!

KC Eddy said...

Sarah, that is so cute! What a great way to reuse one of those tins!! I have one in my purse - I'll be sure to save it when it's empty!

Julie Robinson said...

Love the ittle box. It would be great roo as a mini sewing kit!!!! Beautiful work

Rebecca Hughey said...

That is sew cute!!!! I can think of a couple other ways to use the tin...I am sure it would be perfect size for a gift card,or business cards too.

Pammejo said...

Love the set, it so pretty and you made a beautiful box with them. TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com

Lynn Stevens said...

Score!!! only $2.00 bucks for the whole bag! they are getting harder to find, the flat top ones that aren't embossed. Love your little altered tin Sarah and had to laugh that it will probably be empty tomorrow! LOL
hugs Lynn

JoAnne said...

Really sweet tin Sarah!

ljrhew said...

Very cute idea!!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, it's delicious... what an adorable altered tin!
Alison x

Robin said...

One down and how many to go, LOL! This looks great and I love that tape around the outside edges. The treats look pretty tasty too.

Hugs,
Robin

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Adorable tin Sarah! Have a great weekend! :)

Scrappin' Sista said...

This is AWESOME. I love how you incorporated the stamp set with the altered art. TFS!

Scrappy hugs,
Christel
Scrappin’ Sista Designs

Michele said...

this is the most perfect altered tin! i love the colors and the design and everything fits together wonderfully! xo

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you created such a lovely theme with your tin! Very pretty!!!

Jennifer said...

This is a wonderful altered tin! Love the way you stamped the sewing machine on the inside and filled it with yummies!

StampinCarol said...

This is just too cute! And the tape measure around the sides is perfect! So clever!

Red Rubber Designs said...

Wonderfully done! Love it!

Wordbird said...

Love this Sarah! How lucky to find all of those tins. I'd love to receive a beautiful gift like this any day!!